- exclusive 5-star holiday home, 210m2 + 3 balconies, for 2 - 12 guests and 2 smaller children
- electro-stress free, non-smoking house (truss wood / clay construction) the ideal place for people who suffer from allergies
- surrounded by nature on a private path in a stunning and sunbathed situation with lots of privacy and plenty of fresh air (low mountain range region)
- for active or relaxing holidays all year round on the Southern rim of the Schwarzwald high forest in the Nature Park of Saar-Hunsrück and in the national park Hunsrück-Hochwald
- close to the German Gem Route and Idar-Oberstein, the Gem centre (precious stones and jewellery)
- as well as to the Saar-Hunsrück-Steig, the Sironaweg (Sirona Path) with its Götterallee (avenue of the gods)
- and the winter sports centre Erbeskopf
Good bye to the rat race, welcome to the holiday world.
You will feel as happy as a clam at high tide in this generous 5-star country home ambiance. Only the best furniture is good enough, of course always with the health aspect of our guests in mind. The rooms are bright and the omnipresent, warm earth-colouring (natural materials) will give you a feeling and a feeling of cosiness and freedom at the same time.
You can literally feel that the hospitality comes straight from the heart. No fuss and no frills.
The Adlerhorst-Hunsrück is ideal for families with children, couples, senior citizens and small groups. Its also perfect for people with allergies or those who are sensitive to electro-smog, environmentally damaged people or the disabled. We are doing our utmost to do everything for our dear guests in order to make them feel relaxed and find the refuge they need to recover. This is partly achieved by offering them the cosiness of the country life combined with the amenities of modern living.
This is the perfect place if you are looking for inner peace and serenity.
Our guests are often saying that the Adlerhorst-Hunsrück is "Wellness pure". They even name it "de luxe Hunsrück ".
We regularly call on specialists (Umweltanalytik Maes and Oeko-logo) to measure construction-biological and ecological levels on the premises. The reports are at your disposal if you wish to have a look at them. Mobile phones and similar appliances must always be switched off within the fenced off area.
Our property is situated on a private path (no traffic) in a region considered to have the cleanest air of Germany (according to readings taken by the Federal Ministry for Environment).
The entrance door to the house is level (no steps). A large wooden platform staircase (closed stairway) leads to the upper floor and to the Adlerhorst (eagles nest) in the attic. Umbrellas and a shelf for outdoor shoes are at your disposal too.
Totally private living on 210 m2 (living / dining / kitchen = 80m2, rest = 130 m2) plus 3 balconies. The bedrooms are on the upper floor and in the attic. The furniture is made of natural wood, and there is natural carpeting everywhere (without glue, as you find it done in some of the environmental clinics).
Bedrooms on the upper floor: double room "Starry Sky" with double bed plus lattice cot. Twin room "Butterfly" with 2 single beds plus 1 air bed.
Bedrooms in the attic: double room "Heart Chamber" with double bed, plus lattic cot.
Family debroom "badger cave" with 1 double bed and 3 single beds.
The generous living / dining / kitchen area is open space with a masonry heater right in the centre (centrally heated, with heated bench).
Living: Big corner couch with poofe and couch table. Massive wall-fitted cupboard range with SAT TV, DVD. Salt crystal lighting, precious stone arrangements, telephone (cheap tariffs for German landline connections), chess, parlour games, info kit. In the "Blue Corner", you have an ear rest armchair, a chest of drawers with toys, CDs, brochures, a reading lamp, radio / cassette / CD and a humidifier.
High chairs for children, old original farm cupboard with plenty of dishes and cutlery. Antique sideboard. In the livingarea is the ground from Oak, otherwise stone ground.
Kitchen: from core beech, great cooking island with stools to the eatingarea; with dishwasher, Ceram stove, turning heat, oven, micro-wave, fridge with freezer part, bio-fresh cooling, multi-use cutter, coffee machine, toaster, kettle and egg cooker, hand blender, handheld blender, good quality cooking utensils including WOK.
In the adjoining small box room, you will find all necessary utensils for rubbish sorting, but also things like vacuum cleaner, one stepp ladder, iron, utensils for barbecues, rucksack, etc.
In the holiday apartment, you have a hotel safe for your valuables.
Hall: cloakroom, 2 linen cupboards and woodenstair in the attic.
Bath: Floor and walls in Jura marble with slate insertions. Under floor heating, bath tub, shower cabin, sink, WC, hair drier, scales, hand and bath towels, etc.
In all bedrooms is the ground from biology Linoleum.
Description of the area:
No bitumen - no Jodeldö-Tourism. Instead absolutely great moments out in the country, in the outback so to say but not really remote. Here you can enjoy lush nature and true relaxation in the fresh air of this low mountain range region. Thoughts of your everyday life move to the background. No room for those here! You have jumped off your usual orbit (stop the world, I want to get off...) and enjoy the time in space, so to say enjoy that wonderfully different frame of mind.
The 3200m2 of fenced grounds (on a private path, traffic free) with its old trees, is set out in the style of a natural garden. No fine particle problems, simply the best air you can get in the whole of Germany (according to measurements made by the Federal Ministry of Environment).
Lounge around on the furniture of our large wooden terrace or on the sun lawn with its sun beds. Jump into the hammock or hide from the sun under the sun shade, at the waterfall with its creek and around fish pond.
Details of the rooms:
No. of the rooms:
- Sleeps max.: 12 Persons and 2 smaller children
- Living room: 1
- Bedroom: 4 Living space (square meters): 210
- Bathroom: 1
- Kitchen: 1
- double room: 2
- single room: -
- suite: -
- multiple-bed room: 2
- Other rooms: Separate WC room: 1 WC, 1 urinal, ablution space.
- Miscellaneous: Heating, Fireplace, Safe, Cot, High chair, Bed-linen provided, Towels provided, Dishcloths provided
- Kitchen: Fully fitted kitchen, Fridge, Dish washer, Microwave, Oven, Washing machine, Iron, Coffee machine, Toaster
- Bathroom: Bath/Shower, Bath, Clothe horse, WC, Hairdryer
- Sleeping possibilities: Single beds, Double beds, Sofa beds
- Communication facilities: CD Player, DVD Player, TV, Internet, SAT equipment, Phone, Radio
- Other facilities: Fitness room with cross trainer, rowing machine, trampoline, Chi-machine.
- Miscellaneous: Parking space, Terrace, Balcony, Garden furniture, Sun benches, big Multifunktionsgrill and Firebasket with wok, grill wood for free
- Other equipment outside: 9 Bikes, 2 table tennis, trampoline, badminton, double swing with climbing ladder, slide with horizontal bar, tree house, “pirate boat”, cart, bobby car, pedal tractor with trailer, etc.
- Pets not accepted
- No smoking, Suitable for the disabled
Those who wish can come with us for deer watching (only at specific spots in the woods nearby). During the rut season in autumn, they sometimes come pretty close to the house. Quite often, you can hear their belling from the house.
Roe deer and their fawn play hide and seek around the property.
Hiking, Nordic Walking, Jogging, Cycling, Carriage rides, Swimming, Tennis, Table Tennis, Trampoline, Golf, Minigolf, Archery, Visits to precious-stone mines, copper and slate mines, precious stone exhibitions and museums. Excursions to Celtic and roman relics, animal- and game parks, partly with birds of prey flying shows. Farming markets, Karl-May festival (famous German films about Red Indians e.g. Winnetou), precious stone grinders and gold smith market, summer toboggan.
How to find us:
If you need a detailed description on how to get here, please let us know when you book so we can send you the details with the confirmation of your booking by mail.
The Hunsrück is a nearly totally wooded area on the high plateau between Rhine (to the East), Mosel (to the North), Saar (to the West) and Nahe (to the South).
Hattgenstein, the highest village in Germany on the left side of the Rhine, is about 10 km to the West of Idar-Oberstein
- to the airport: 35 km
- to the railway station: 15 km
- to the sea: - km
- Bakery and supermarket: 1 km
- to the restaurant: 1 km
- to the beach (lake): 15 km
- Seasons: all year round 01.01